Sunday, May 24, 2020

Papo Dinosaur and Ice Age figurines (English review)



I own and possess, precisely 8 figurines – ornaments from French company, Papo. All of them are animals from the Dinosaur and Ice Age Earth Geological periods. These are made out of quite strong, sturdy plastic.

But in 2 cases of my largest and smallest dinosaur figurines (big Spinosaurus and little Oviraptor) the head and arm broke, I think after a fall (if I can remember correctly) to the wooden floor of my house.

I managed to successfully glue the Spinosaurus back together with some cheap UHU glue I always have at my disposal. It was simply too expensive to get a new Dinosaur statuette of this huge size instead. But, pretty Oviraptor, had to go to the trash can, after I took some photos of it.

As you can tell by this, I am quite a handyman or Do It Yourself guy. I have repaired a lot of broken things in my life so far. Simple items or complicated electronics.

Papo has definitely researched very seriously into the magnificent science of Paleontology (this is a Greek word, FYI). This word means, “Word for old stuff”.

All objects that Papo makes are extremely detailed and look very nice and cool. I would really expect nothing less from French artists. Although all of them are made in China, like most things are made in this beautiful country these days!

However, there is a draw back to some Papo Dinosaur statuettes. Quite a few of them cannot stand properly on their feet. This happens only with 2 legged animals. I understand it is hard to get an animal as big as a 2 footed Dinosaur to stand well enough. But I wish they could have made it better somehow.

Conclusively, Papo statuettes are a very good, although not perfect, choice of ornaments, to play with and gaze in your home.

Their build quality is excellent and I absolutely love them all! Just take good care of them, and make sure you never drop them on the ground. Have fun collecting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment